Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sables helmet ... a dream come true for Banes

Yesterday I got a wonderful present. The amazing and wonderful Sable approached me and asked me to help her beta test a new helmet she invented for Banesuits. And let me tell you, this helmet is fantastic, it's great and wonderful and comes with everything a Bane can only hope/fear. When I first put it on, I already was in love with it. It looks great, just like I always imagined the helmet would look like after reading the short story. You can modify it by open the visor, close it, adjust the transparency of it or remove/reattach a filter. You can name the Bane (numbers from 1000 to 9999), set an owner of course, timelock it yourself, force the Bane into mouselook or blind her/him. The HUD the helmet attaches automatically to your screen makes you see the world in a yellowish color and gives you that out of the world, detached from the world feeling described in Evil Dollys story Eudeamon. On the lower left part of the HUD is a radar telling you how near the Bane is to other humans and/or Banes and punishes the poor Bane if it is too near to other people. The punishment consists of a static sound and a flashing HUD, something you really don't want to see too much and it can prolong the sentence of the Bane. The helmet supports all the RL-scripts from the newest version. There's so much more in it and I'm going to give this perfect helmet an in depth analysis when I had enough time to play with it. For now I can say, this is exactly what I wanted to have when I've tried my own Banishment a few weeks ago and I'm tempted now to do a bit more than just beta-test it. ;)
Sable, you are great, I just loooove you for giving me this great toy to play with. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.

/me hops excitedly up and down and hurries back to SL to play with her newest toy


Here you can see me with the helmet at Pain Toys (if you haven't been there, visit it. It's a warehouse stuffed with vendors from most of my fav designers. Real Restraint, Ariel Erlanger, Fairlight, PoC & Omega, just to name a few of them). On the screenie I don't wear a catsuit, it's one of the new PoC-latex-skins. It looks wonderful with the helmet and it doesn't leave a gap between the helmet and your neck like an ordinary catsuit would. And it's from PoC, you're not going to find better latex for your Bane.


Here you can see the helmet a bit better.





And last but not least the HUD with it's yellow overlay and in the lower left corner you can see the green radar, telling you if you're okay or too near to other people and/or Banes.



ADDED:
Maybe you'll notice that I don't wear cuffs, mittens, an armbinder or similar restraints. It's just not necessary any more with the helmet, it has everything in it a Bane needs and this way the Bane looks much more like the Banes described in Eudeamon. You are totally controlled and restrained by your helmet, you're encapsulated in your own private prison and there just isn't any need for more restraints. And in my opinion the Bane looks much more beautiful in the sobriety of her latex-clad skin and helmet.
One feature I totally forgot to mention is the Vox device the owner can attach to her/himself. The vox serves as a communication device allowing communication with the Bane in times of need.

Here you can see the helmet with attached filter and the visor with 40% of transparency. You can see on the picture the white lenses I use as covers for my eyes during the time I am locked in my suit. Again I have to thank Sable, because she gave me the white contacts for my eyes.

3 comments:

Danii said...

Wow, this looks great!
Is it available yet? I can barely wait to get one of these!
Any information is welcome...
Only question will be: will I try it myself first or will I put my little sub in it??

Anonymous said...

Well ... I must say too: GREAT!

I hope that we do not loose you, and that you will be ALWAYS a bane.

Kathi Paine said...

Thanks for all your comments.
First, the helmet is not for sale yet. What you see in the pictures is still the beta version, but as far as I know the beta will be over soon. I don't know when it will be for sale or where, but I'll ask Sable about it.
Danii, maybe try it yourself first and when you decide it's safe enough for your sub, let her have some isolation fun, too. ;) Just from my own experience I have to say that you really should try this out for yourself, but...well...that's just my own two cents and when it comes to Banes and Banishment I'm maybe a bit too overexcited to give you rational advice.
Joa, thanks for the support, but I'm not that keen on being a Bane during all my SL life. ;) I'm just too fond of chatting with my friends. But don't worry, you're not going to loose me as a Bane, after the first shocking experience I'm just too excited to try it out again and compare experiences. I'd like to give Sables version a long-term try and I can't wait for Marine to get her Banishment Program finished, too.

Have fun and see you inworld.

Kathi